1. Used to be, only the real honchos got shovels. 1971, Tennessee.
2. But nowadays, everybody gets a shovel. Hey Smiley — watch what you’re doing.
Groundbreaking of a UCCS Building in Nevada.
3. Why didn’t you just invite the entire state, University of Colorado?
5. The shadowy setting is ominious — it’s a groundbreaking on an NSA spy center in Utah.
6. Ah yes: the indoor fake groundbreaking. It’s another NSA building — a computing center in Maryland.
Pictured: Senator Barbara Mikulski, Rep. C.A. “Dutch” Ruppersberger, and various armed forces and intelligence figureheads.