1. Anti-smoking mural created by the art group El Puente.
3. By Aakash Nihalani.
Click here to see more of Nihalani’s amazing optical illusion street art from around the world.
5. Comandante Biggie
The upper half, painted by Street Artist CERN, was designed by John Garcia, a 21-year-old artist and Parsons senior. The pigeons, in the lower half, were done by the legendary Lee Quinones - one of the founders of New York City subway graffiti movement from the mid-1970s.
8. “Status Update” by KATSU.
Said KATSU: “With the internet being literally woven into the human experience i cannot stand by and not voice my discontent with those who plan on owning our lives… I want the ability for people to permanently remove their information from Facebook… that is not possible. I want Facebook to adequately explain to all users the extent to which their data will be farmed out and shared.”
For daily photos of street art all over New York City, The Dusty Rebel is your best source.
- BP has agreed to pay a $18.7 billion fine to settle legal actions over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Liberia has reported three new cases of Ebola this week. The country was declared Ebola-free on May 9.
- A pilot has broken the world records for longest solo flight and longest non-stop flight ever taken in a solar-powered airplane ?