• Are Kazakh circus clowns known for not having car insurance?
• Are circus clowns, in general, not known for having car insurance?
• Are Kazakh circus clowns known for being bad drivers?
• Why “circus” clown in the headline, and not just “clown”?
• Why is there no clown car in this photo?
• The clowns in this photo are not acting like clowns at all.
• Will Centras Insurance insure clowns who wear clown shoes while driving?
• Does “clown” have a double meaning in Kazakh or Russian? (The ad is translated.)
Creative note #1: This ad violates the “Show & Tell” ad rule — Never show exactly what you’re telling in the headline.
Creative note #2: This is only the second ad from Kazakhstan that I’ve posted about in 8+ years. Here’s the other, an ad for a coffee shop that also makes zero sense.
Ad agency: GForce/Grey, Almaty, Kazakhstan.
- President Obama stepped up his climate change campaign on Monday while touring the Alaskan Arctic, warning that it's "almost too late" to stop global warming. He is the first U.S. President to tour the Arctic. ›
- The U.S. Supreme Court says a Kentucky county must issue marriage licenses while its clerk appeals a ruling in a lawsuit from three same-sex couples against her "no marriage licenses" policy. ›
- A video released on Monday shows two Texas deputies fatally shooting a man with his hands up. A witness sold the footage to a local TV station for $100. ›