19. There’s a saying: ‘Marry in April if you can, joy for maiden and for man’
So… April it is!
27. The last dance is called the ‘Bride dance’ in which guests take turns to dance with the bride and then donate some money to the couple.
The money is collected by a family friend with an apron. The bride’s father is first and the groom is last. He is expected to put down his whole wallet!
29. ‘Blackening the bride and groom’ consists of throwing gunk at the soon-to-be-married couple.
The ceremony helps brings couples together- since they are covered in disgusting, smelly stuff and no one else would want to get close to them, they are brought closer together and can understand what the other is going through much better than anyone else thus cementing their bond.
- Game on: the Denver Broncos are playing the Carolina Panthers in the Super Bowl 50. We're bringing you the play-by-play 🏈🙌
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates debated in New Hampshire ahead of Tuesday's primary, and Sen. Marco Rubio malfunctioned 🇺🇸
- BuzzFeed News has identified a second member of the ISIS execution cell led by "Jihadi John."