1. He likes to chill with baby jaguars.
2. He graduated magna cum laude from Harvard, with a BA in American History & Literature.
Probably not an accurate depiction of Conan during his days at Harvard.
3. Once stole an official “Batman” suit.
While Conan was still a student, Burt Ward was asked to give a speech at Harvard, talking about what it was like playing Robin in Batman (1966). Thinking it’d be cool, he brought the original costume with him—valued at more than half a million dollars. Accordingly, several students assigned themselves with the duty of providing “security” for the suit; unfortunately, they were impostors and their outfits were also costumes. During the middle of Ward’s speech, one of the guards stood up and shouted, “When is a costume not a costume? When it’s stolen.” The lights then dimmed, and the students ran off with the suit, took some pictures with it, and then rang him up and returned it.
Naturally, the mastermind behind the whole thing was none other than Conan O’Brien.
4. Tom Hanks bestowed Conan with the unfortunate nickname, “Coco,” which immediately stuck.
And this is how Conan “thanked” him.
6. He created “The Simpsons” character Captain Horatio McCallister.
7. There is a Conan fan-site dedicated to Conan O’Brien fighting bears.
The site contains over 400 images and videos depicting Conan fighting bears, from fans and artists around the world.
8. He is an avid fan of the band Phish.
… And this is hopefully NOT what his back looks like.
9. Conan is a legally ordained minister, and officiated a wedding for one of his staff.
Conan was ordained by the Universal Life Church in 2011, which allowed to officiate a same-sex marriage between one of his staff members and his partner. The ceremony took place in the Beacon theater in New York, and was broadcast on “Conan.”