1. In the beginning, you could buy large servings of soda and sugary drinks in New York City.
2. But in May of 2012, Mayor Michael Bloomberg announced his plan to ban the sale of large sugary beverages in New York to help fight obesity.
3. This got a lot of people upset.
4. Like, really upset.
5. To many, it seemed like overreaching, with city government going too far.
6. Opponents argue that the answer to obesity can be found in more exercise.
8. And through eating a balanced, healthy diet.
9. But then, the Mayor’s plans came crashing down.
10. Because New York Supreme Court Judge Milton Tingling invalidated the ban.
13. The Judge called the law “arbitrary and capricious.”
The Judge threw out the law because: “it applies to some but not all food establishments in the City.”
15. The Mayor has vowed to keep fighting and appeal the ruling.
16. Meanwhile, New Yorkers are free to unabashedly slurp away.
Please validate your account to contribute content.
Preview Your Response
- CollinGately The Cast Of "Good Burger" Helps Expla...