2. BuzzFeed has this big staff who thinks of all these stories that are somehow ALWAYS applicable to your life.
4. You put on your thinking cap. But you can’t even anticipate the myriad of emotions you’re about to experience.
5. JEALOUSY. Don’t lie. It doesn’t feel good to see another Community Contributor make it to the Front Page when you don’t.
7. FRUSTRATION. You have absolutely no idea where to start. Zilch.
8. EXCITEMENT. You finally are struck with a seemingly ingenius idea that is sure to garner a ton of views.
9. INSPIRATION. You’re working so hard on this post because it’s going to be Front Page worthy.
10. OBSESSION. You can’t stop working on it. This post is literally about to take your soul.
11. DELIRIUM. You’re up so late, determined to finish it that you realize the TV’s still on and you guess you’re watching Nick at Nite, but lack of sleep makes it look less like this:
13. ACCOMPLISHMENT. The late night pays off. You check the “Suggest for community feature,” then the almighty “Publish Now.”
14. PRIDE. You’re super proud of it. Like REALLY proud.
16. EXPECTANCY. The next morning, you get an email from BuzzFeed… Your post was noticed by the staff and will be given an “extra boost around the site”!
18. ANXIETY. Now you’re waiting for that second email saying your post has made the Community Front Page…
20. RESTLESSNESS. Now what you’ve really been wanting all along is that third email, the one that says your post has been promoted to the front page… OF THE ENTIRE SITE.
24. SHOCK. It’s been a full day. So now it’s hit you. You’ve been limited to the Community page.
28. Finally, you are PISSED OFF. All that time… For 300 views and 2 responses? I don’t think so.
29. ACCUSATIONS. You’re convinced BuzzFeed editors are the problem.
30. SPITE. Stress-eating keeps you from Failing every single post on the Front Page.
31. So you let yourself grieve, then you look at your post again.
41. …and you realize you are too IMPORTANT to stop posting.
42. You’re all NONCHALANT. Like, whatever. I’m just a Community Contributor.
Editor’s note: Did you know anyone can post on BuzzFeed as a Community Contributor? Learn more about the Community here!
- Budapest's main train station has opened its doors after a two-day stand-off, during which hundreds of people without a valid European Union visa weren't allowed on trains. ›
- Guatemalan President Otto Pérez Molina has resigned amid a lengthy corruption scandal that has brought his government to the brink. ›
- China's President Xi Jinping has said army personnel will be reduced by 300,000, the biggest cut to the military in almost two decades. ›