4. We’re surrounded by beautiful scenery. Here’s the view from the top of Cave Hill.
6. We’re pretty good at pubs. Such as traditional Irish ones.
10. We know that public art is best when you give it a stupid name. Like Nuala with the Hula…
12. These big shipyard cranes aren’t used much these days.
Samson and Goliath, the famous Harland and Wolff cranes.
14. We’ve given the world our fair share of badasses. There’s Alex ‘Hurricane’ Higgins.
16. Bestie was so cool, we renamed the airport after him.
17. Mary Peters is an Olympic hero.
She even has a running track named after her.
18. Belfast architect Charles Lanyon was some boy. He designed Queen’s University.
21. Not all of the architecture is great, though. City Hospital is magnificently ugly.
22. The Titanic wasn’t our only disastrous attempt at building something.
Still, at least Deloreans looked cool.
23. Game Of Thrones is filmed nearby.
This is the Dark Hedges of Armoy.
24. So if you’re wondering why we’re all so beardy, that’s because most of us have been extras in it.
Seriously, everyone knows someone.
27. And if you order an Ulster fry, you get both.
28. As for booze, the Scots don’t have a monopoly on Buckfast.
(Seen here in its natural habitat)
29. You can get lemonade delivered to your door.
30. How about some edible seaweed?
It’s called dulse, and it’s disgusting.
31. We’re pretty good at music. Van’s the man.
32. At the height of The Troubles, Stiff Little Fingers kicked against the pricks.
33. David Holmes is an understated genius.
34. We have the world’s greatest continuity guy.
Never change, Julian Simmons.
35. Our grannies know how to look after themselves, so don’t mess with them.
- All charges have been dismissed against a popular protest organizer in Chicago. He was arrested Tuesday during protests over a video showing the police shooting of a black teen. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›