1. Cronuts, sundaes in a can: Baker Dominique Ansel is the food mash-up master. On Thursday, he revealed his newest creation on Good Morning America.
2. The anticipation was palpable.
3. And finally, the summer’s hot new dessert was revealed.
4. Wait, what?
The pretzel is stuffed with peanut butter and served with whipped brown butter and honey. Grub Street reports that the seafood shape is an homage to an Italian pastry.
5. With a little bit of glamor lighting, the tails look nothing short of delicious.
6. But really, now we’ll need a chocolate bacon filet to make the sweet surf and turf experience complete. Get to work, Ansel.
- Greece voted "no" on sweeping new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. Its future in the eurozone is uncertain, and its creditors are unimpressed.
- The U.S. defeated Japan 5-2 in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. It was the highest scoring final in the history of the tournament ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.