1. Cronuts, sundaes in a can: Baker Dominique Ansel is the food mash-up master. On Thursday, he revealed his newest creation on Good Morning America.
2. The anticipation was palpable.
3. And finally, the summer’s hot new dessert was revealed.
4. Wait, what?
The pretzel is stuffed with peanut butter and served with whipped brown butter and honey. Grub Street reports that the seafood shape is an homage to an Italian pastry.
5. With a little bit of glamor lighting, the tails look nothing short of delicious.
6. But really, now we’ll need a chocolate bacon filet to make the sweet surf and turf experience complete. Get to work, Ansel.
- At least three people – including a police officer – died in a shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. The suspect is in police custody. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›