2. You begin every semester by learning the alphabet over again.
And your friends are totally jealous.
3. You’ve made the mistake of trying to do phonetics homework in the library.
6. You’re totally jealous of your baby cousin’s language learning skills.
8. But you have no patience for grammar nazis, because linguistics is descriptive, not prescriptive!
9. And you know English orthography is a total shitshow, so when it comes to spelling…
10. You love finding little biases in the dictionary.
Of course, you also hate it, because that’s terrible. But you keep an eye out for them!
11. You kind of want to do your thesis on internet-speak as a dialect of English.
LOL i mean, I can’t even. I literally can’t.
12. You could literally argue for hours about the word “literally.”
And your non-linguistics friends are like