1. Four years ago, nearly 2 million people flooded the National Mall to watch Barack Obama’s historic swearing-in ceremony.
4. Because it’s going to be cold.
8. And there’s other stuff going on!
10. Luckily, though, Obama’s bringing along a secret weapon.
Charles Sykes, File / AP
11. And people are suddenly interested in the inauguration again!
In The News Today
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- The United Nations has proposed a national unity government for Libya after peace talks between the north African country's two rival factions. ›
- Walter Scott's family has reached a $6.5 million settlement with North Charleston, S.C., where the unarmed black man was fatally shot by an officer in April. ›