1. They were #1 on iTunes, beating out Taylor Swift and Rihanna…EVEN BEFORE THEY WERE SIGNED.
THAT. IS. UNHEARD. OF.
WATCH OUT. You’re about to become obsessed…
4. CAL CAN ALSO FREESTYLE ON COMMAND.
He’ll challenge the crowd to write down a list of words for him to use. Then he’ll freestyle a flow so sick that your ears will ring in ecstasy.
5. AND REZ IS A FREAKING MUSICAL PRODIGY.
Rez is a self taught music producer who started composing his own material in second grade (like are you kidding?!) And now he’s basically, like, the MacGyver of all things music.
7. Their latest single already has over 1.5M views on YouTube.
It’s called “I Choose U”. They’re so cool they don’t even need to use extra vowels.
8. They have music for EVERY mood.
From slow jams and party bangers to rock ballads and the occasional acoustic track…They never disappoint. These guys take risks and when they do, they go HAM.
But to get sentimental for a hot sec, what’s even cooler is that they never loose sight of who they are individually as artists. (Okay, moment’s over.)
12. Not one but two of their songs were featured in FOX’s presentation of The 2012 Cotton Bowl.
13. Their fans are known as “flyhards.”
They are kind of joking, but mostly serious.
14. They have their own lingo.
Cancel verb. The realization of a shitty joke and subsequent announcement of its termination.
Flop noun. A terrible, shitty and/or awful joke.
Fire adj. Something that is hot.
Hit noun. A hilarious, witty, and/or clever joke, delivered impeccably; the opposite of a flop.
18. They created their own label, Forty8Fifty, and it’s partnered with Island Def Jam Music Group.
Not wanting to have a label dictate what they could or could not do, they guys went without representation the first 3 years of their career. Do you Timeflies, DO YOU.
Fun fact: 4850 represents the guys’ address of where they lived in college.
19. So basically they are god’s gift to music…
…And they’re just getting started.
- Justice Antonin Scalia, who served almost 30 years on the Supreme Court as one of its most prominent and influential conservative voices, died Saturday. He was 79.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates had their nastiest debate yet in South Carolina last night 🇺🇸
- And "Deadpool" made $135 million this weekend, the best U.S. debut for an R-rated film. That's a lotta chimichangas 💵