2. Flourless Chocolate Chip Zucchini Oat Brownies
3. Nutella Swirl Zucchini Bread
Zucchini bread is fantastic, but you had me at “Nutella.” Recipe here.
4. Zucchini Sandwich Cookies
Two cookies are better than one, and cream cheese filling is better than none! Recipe here.
5. Zucchini Cake with Crunchy Lemon Glaze
I know it seems a little too ~crunchy granola~ to fill a CAKE with nuts, olive oil, and a green vegetable. But David Lebovitz has never, ever led me astray. Recipe here.
6. Chocolate Zucchini Cake with Brown Sugar Streusel
So dark and chocolate-filled that you can’t even see the vegetable. Recipe here.
7. Oatmeal Zucchini Cookies
I would like to go on the record to say that I don’t actually endorse that garnish. Recipe here.
8. Eggplant Brownies
Actually, the recipe calls for “aubergine.” That just means eggplant in British. Recipe here.
9. Eggplant Chocolate Cake
Puréed eggplant mixed with chocolate, almond flour, sugar and other typical baking ingredients makes for a richly textured cake that then gets wrapped in a bonus layer of pastry crust. Recipe here.
10. Eggplant Tarte Tatin with Black Pepper Caramel
So many intersections of savory and sweet in a single dessert. Recipe here.
11. Vegan Heartache Cake
Who needs animal products when you have… eggplant? Hey, I guess so. Recipe here.
12. Sweet Corn Bacon Ice Cream with Cacao Nibs
Corn, bacon, and ice cream is a trinity that I can get behind. The cacao nibs are just a bonus. Recipe here.
13. Corn Ice Cream Shortcakes with Blueberry Compote
14. Spicy Maple Corn Fritters
15. Sweet Corn Crème Brûlée
A good lesson here is that there actually a lot of sweet, starchy juice where the corn kernels attach to the cob. If ever you’re cutting the kernels from the cob for a recipe, remember that scraping some of that juice will add flavor to whatever you’re cooking and act as a thickening agent. Recipe here.
17. Lavender-Scented Peach and Corn Upside-Down Cake
18. Popcorn Panna Cotta
Yes, there’s fresh corn in the panna cotta. No, popcorn doesn’t count. Recipe here.
19. Vegan Red Velvet Brownies
“It tastes the same!”
“…If you close your eyes.”
Really, though, these taste great. Recipe here.
20. Chocolate Beet Cake with Beet Cream Cheese Frosting
The original red velvet. Recipe here.
21. Chocolate and Roasted Beet Pudding Cakes
The relationships between beets and chocolate is getting really grown up and serious. Recipe here.
22. Paleo Red Beet and Carrot Cookies
A twofer. Recipe here.
24. Raspberry-Lemon-Beet Blondie Wedges
Vegan, gluten-free, and filled with fruits and vegetables. Recipe here.
25. Beet Ice Cream with Mascarpone, Orange Zest and Poppy Seeds
26. Pineapple Jalapeño Popsicles
Hot and cold. Recipe here.
28. Tex Mex Ice Cream Sandwiches with Chocolate Jalapeño Ice Cream
We've got your WKND covered.
- The National Dialogue Quartet in Tunisia won the 2015 Nobel Peace Prize for its role in building a democracy there. ›
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- The United Nations has proposed a national unity government for Libya after peace talks between the north African country's two rival factions. ›