2. Spaghetti with Anchovies, Garlic and Parmesan
Recipe by Rebekah Peppler
1 lb spaghetti
12 cloves garlic
2 2-oz. cans anchovies in oil
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon dried red pepper flakes
3/4 cup grated parmesan, divided
kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Cook spaghetti according to package directions, until al dente. Drain through a colander, reserving about a cup of the pasta water.
Thinly slice garlic cloves, and coarsely chop anchovies.
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Add sliced garlic, dried red pepper flakes and chopped anchovies. Cook, stirring, until the garlic softens and the anchovies melt, about 2 minutes. Season with black pepper (the anchovies have enough salt that you don’t need to add more), add the cooked pasta, 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta water and 1/2 cup grated Parmesan. Toss to combine, and continue to toss until the cheese has melted and a thin sauce has formed.
To serve, garnish with the remaining ¼ cup grated Parmesan and black pepper.
4. For this recipe, you’ll need a 12-inch skillet and a large pot to cook the pasta.
You can get a great skillet here (pictured left, worth the price, will last forever) or a more affordable decent one here. Any stock pot that’s at least 8 quarts will work, but a 12-quart pot (pictured right) is your best bet. Get a simple one here.
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›
- And Adele's "25" has sold a record 3.38 million copies in the U.S. in its first full week, Nielsen Music reported 🎤🏆 ›