2. Spaghetti with Anchovies, Garlic and Parmesan
Recipe by Rebekah Peppler
1 lb spaghetti
12 cloves garlic
2 2-oz. cans anchovies in oil
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon dried red pepper flakes
3/4 cup grated parmesan, divided
kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Cook spaghetti according to package directions, until al dente. Drain through a colander, reserving about a cup of the pasta water.
Thinly slice garlic cloves, and coarsely chop anchovies.
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Add sliced garlic, dried red pepper flakes and chopped anchovies. Cook, stirring, until the garlic softens and the anchovies melt, about 2 minutes. Season with black pepper (the anchovies have enough salt that you don’t need to add more), add the cooked pasta, 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta water and 1/2 cup grated Parmesan. Toss to combine, and continue to toss until the cheese has melted and a thin sauce has formed.
To serve, garnish with the remaining ¼ cup grated Parmesan and black pepper.
4. For this recipe, you’ll need a 12-inch skillet and a large pot to cook the pasta.
- Bernie Sanders' fundraising call after his New Hampshire win paid off: He's raised $5.2 million online since polls closed 💵
- The Supreme Court put on hold President Obama's climate change plan, which aims to curb carbon dioxide emissions from power plants.
- And the girls from "Broad City" have graced us with the trailer for Season 3.