2. Spaghetti with Anchovies, Garlic and Parmesan
Recipe by Rebekah Peppler
1 lb spaghetti
12 cloves garlic
2 2-oz. cans anchovies in oil
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon dried red pepper flakes
3/4 cup grated parmesan, divided
kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Cook spaghetti according to package directions, until al dente. Drain through a colander, reserving about a cup of the pasta water.
Thinly slice garlic cloves, and coarsely chop anchovies.
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Add sliced garlic, dried red pepper flakes and chopped anchovies. Cook, stirring, until the garlic softens and the anchovies melt, about 2 minutes. Season with black pepper (the anchovies have enough salt that you don’t need to add more), add the cooked pasta, 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta water and 1/2 cup grated Parmesan. Toss to combine, and continue to toss until the cheese has melted and a thin sauce has formed.
To serve, garnish with the remaining ¼ cup grated Parmesan and black pepper.
4. For this recipe, you’ll need a 12-inch skillet and a large pot to cook the pasta.
We've got your WKND covered.
- Greece will decide on Sunday whether they will accept austerity measures as a condition of a bailout that may stave off an imminent financial and economic crisis.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️