3. Horseradish Black Pepper Gibson
Looks innocuous enough, but that vodka’s been steeping with horseradish and black pepper for weeks. Recipe here.
4. Cayenne and Grapefruit Margarita
6. Thai Bomber Martini
A gin martini, spiked with Thai basil and jalapeño, accentuated by a chili-sugar rim. Recipe here.
7. The Massamanhattan
Kin Shop in NYC serves this clever twist on a Manhattan. To make it, the exotic blend of spices that flavor traditional massaman curry are instead steeped into a simple syrup. Recipe here.
8. Shoo-Fly Punch
The classic bourbon and ginger beer combination gets revived with the addition of ginger liqueur. Recipe here.
9. Hot in Rio
Essentially a caipirinha — a Brazilian cocktail made with cachaça, or sugar cane rum— spiked with muddled chili peppers. Recipe here.
10. The Dalmatian
Grapefruit and vodka, known as a greyhound, becomes the dalmatian (get it?) with the addition of black pepper syrup. Recipe here.
11. The Spicy Maiden
Maybe the pineapple-rum combination is a little too tropical for March. On the other hand, if you close your eyes and turn the heat up in your apartment, you can maybe pretend you’re on a beach vacation! Recipe here.
12. Grilled Tomato and Toasted Chili Cocktail
While you’re waiting for grilling season — seriously, are we there yet?! — you can sear the tomatoes in a cast-iron skillet or on a grill pan instead. This mezcal cocktail takes a little more work, but the result is so unique and worth it. Recipe here.
13. Pineapple Cilantro Serrano Cocktail
Tequila and pineapple and plenty of heat. Recipe here.
14. Bloody Mary with Spicy Pepper Vodka and Sriracha Salt
Bloody Marys are inherently spicy, but this is next level, with a Sriracha salt rim and chili-infused vodka. Recipe here.
15. The Retox
The “master cleanse” involved drinking only a mixture of lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and maple syrup for days at time, and it sounds insane and awful. Adding bourbon to the mixture and drinking it at happy hour, though? I can get behind that. Recipe here.
16. Hot Blooded
Whiskey, jalapeño, agave, and blood orange juice. Also, A+ name. Recipe here.
17. Spicy Carrot Mimosa
To really shake up your morning routine. Recipe here.
18. Spicy Baby
Essentially it’s a jalapeño margarita with blood orange juice. But saying, “I’ll take another spicy baby” is much more fun. Recipe here.
19. El Bicentenario
Habaneros, tangerines, and tequila. Who knew? Recipe here.
20. Rodriguez Sour
A simple mix of pineapple, lime, tequila, and…green chartreuse!? Chances are you don’t have any of that lying around. But, if you invest in a bottle (recommended), you’ll be all set to make this as your go-to nightcap come summer. Recipe here.
We've got your WKND covered.
- U.S. President Barack Obama visited Oregon on Friday to meet with victims' families after last week's deadly campus shooting. Gun-rights activists protested his visit. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›
- A judge halted all eight scheduled executions in Arkansas. Inmates are challenging a law allowing the state to keep the source of its execution drugs a secret. ›