WHAT’S IN SEASON:
(This will vary depending on time of the month and where you live.)
2. Soy-Braised Short Ribs with Shiitakes
4. Rosemary, Mushroom, and Chickpea Ragout on Toast
The fanciest beans on toast you’ve ever seen. Recipe here.
5. Whole Wheat Almond Pumpkin Muffins
Start every day off on the right foot. Recipe here.
10. Chewy Molasses Cookies
Sometimes, the simplest things are the most delicious. Recipe here.
11. Butternut Squash and Kale Strata with Multigrain Bread
12. Gingerbread Spiced Marshmallows
13. Pan-Seared Trout with Pecan Brown Butter Sauce
16. Vinegar Braised Chicken and Onions
18. Mashed Potato Fudge
Mashed potatoes make the fudge extra creamy. Recipe here.
19. Crispy Deep-Fried Ribs
Braised meat is good. Fried braised meat is better. Recipe here.
21. Easy Does It, Baby
The perfect holiday party punch. Recipe here.
23. Roasted Pear and Cranberry Chocolate Chunk Scones
24. Three-Cheese Baked Ziti with Spinach
26. Caramelized Onion, Squash, and Ricotta Tartines
28. Stuffed Garlic Monkey Bread
The otherworldly love child of garlic knots and mozzarella sticks. Recipe here.
We've got your WKND covered.
- The World Health Organization says that an interim analysis of a potential Ebola vaccine shows "100% efficacy in individuals."
- Airplane debris discovered Wednesday on the coast of the French island of Réunion is found to belong to a Boeing 777, a Malaysian official confirmed to AFP Friday.
- Beijing has won its bid to host the 2022 Winter Olympics. It's the first city to host both the summer and winter games.