WHAT’S IN SEASON:
(This will vary depending on time of the month and where you live.)
2. Soy-Braised Short Ribs with Shiitakes
4. Rosemary, Mushroom, and Chickpea Ragout on Toast
The fanciest beans on toast you’ve ever seen. Recipe here.
5. Whole Wheat Almond Pumpkin Muffins
Start every day off on the right foot. Recipe here.
10. Chewy Molasses Cookies
Sometimes, the simplest things are the most delicious. Recipe here.
11. Butternut Squash and Kale Strata with Multigrain Bread
12. Gingerbread Spiced Marshmallows
13. Pan-Seared Trout with Pecan Brown Butter Sauce
16. Vinegar Braised Chicken and Onions
18. Mashed Potato Fudge
Mashed potatoes make the fudge extra creamy. Recipe here.
19. Crispy Deep-Fried Ribs
Braised meat is good. Fried braised meat is better. Recipe here.
21. Easy Does It, Baby
The perfect holiday party punch. Recipe here.
23. Roasted Pear and Cranberry Chocolate Chunk Scones
24. Three-Cheese Baked Ziti with Spinach
26. Caramelized Onion, Squash, and Ricotta Tartines
28. Stuffed Garlic Monkey Bread
The otherworldly love child of garlic knots and mozzarella sticks. Recipe here.
- Greece won't pay the International Monetary Fund the $1.8 billion it owes on time, paving the way for a formal default.
- At least 30 people were reported dead after a military plane crashed into two houses in a residential neighborhood in the Indonesian city of Medan.
- President Obama has announced a new rule that would expand eligibility for overtime pay to millions more Americans.