WHAT’S IN SEASON:
SO MANY DELICIOUS THINGS! Obviously, last-chance summer berries are the perfect excuse to eat dessert twice a day. Also, to drink sangria on the regular.
(This will vary depending on the time of the month and where you live):
- Bell Peppers
- Green beans
- Green onions
- Summer squash
3. Ritz Cracker Ice Cream Sandwiches
Your eyes do not deceive. Recipe here.
4. Fontina and Blackberry Basil Smash Sandwiches.
I know, right? Recipe here.
5. Individual Whole Peach Pies.
Don’t you wish you’d thought of it first? Recipe here.
7. Fried Mozzarella, Basil, and Nectarine Stacks with Balsamic Glaze
Caprese who? Recipe here.
8. Marinated Grilled Zucchini with Feta and Huckleberries
9. Roasted Tiny Eggplant with Muhammara and Feta
Muhammara is a nutty, creamy red pepper sauce. And baby eggplants are totally adorable. Recipe here.
11. Roasted Cherry Sangria
Spending extra time to roast the cherries? WORTH IT. Recipe here.
12. Roasted Tomatillo Salsa Verde
Perfect for brightening up pretty much any meat that comes off the grill. Recipe here.
13. Gingered Salmon with Grilled Corn and Watercress Salad
14. Blueberry Hand Pies
Yes, it’s like a sophisticated Pop-Tart. Recipe here.
15. Jalapeno Popper Corn Fritters
Anyone will eat vegetables when they’re pan-fried and laced with cheese. Recipe here.
16. Grilled Curry Chicken
20. Grilled Shrimp with Cilantro, Lime, and Peanuts
21. Raspberry White Chocolate Scones
Any excuse to eat dessert for breakfast. Recipe here.
23. Tomato and Mozzarella Potato Salad with Lemon Buttermilk Dressing
Because, what’s a barbecue without potato salad? Recipe here.
27. Slow-Roasted Tomato Pasta
Simple is better, sometimes. Recipe here.
29. Grilled Fennel Salad with Fresh Herbs and Parmesan
30. Mussels Fra Diavolo con Crema
Spicy mussels with cream. Recipe here.
31. White Peach Gin Fizz
Drink outside while you still can! Recipe here.
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- FIFA has suspended its president Sepp Blatter, secretary general Jerome Valcke, and vice-president Michel Platini for 90 days. ›
- Congressional Democrats are urging the TSA to change its screening procedures for transgender passengers. ›