WHAT’S IN SEASON:
(This will vary depending on the time of the month and where you live.)
1. Sweet Tea-Brined Hot Chicken Wings
Perfect for a Super Bowl party, equally delicious for a fun dinner. Recipe here.
4. Vegan Cauliflower Fettuccine “Alfredo”
Far healthier than the original, and possibly equally delicious? Recipe here.
5. Brussels Sprout and Carrot Salad with Cara Cara, Avocado, and Orange Tahini Dressing
7. Quinoa, Persimmon, and Almond Porridge
Waking up is hard to do, especially when it’s below freezing. Fresh, colorful fruit makes things a little easier. Recipe here.
8. Pork and Kimchi Noodle Stir Fry
Better than takeout. Recipe here.
9. Miso Shiitake Soba Soup
Hearty without being heavy. Recipe here.
11. Barley, Cauliflower, and Herbs with Burrata
13. Asian Oven Roasted Pulled Pork
The perfect set-it-and-forget-it weekend dinner (with leftovers for days). Recipe here.
14. Crispy Delicata Rings With Currant, Fennel, and Apple Relish
15. Pomegranate, Kale and Wild Rice Salad with Walnuts and Feta
A not-too-healthy way to take advantage of seasonal produce. Recipe here.
17. Chocolate Panna Cotta with Spiced Pepita Brittle
To really impress your valentine. Recipe here.
19. Grapefruit Curd Stuffed Donuts
I’ll never be sick of lemon curd, but it’s nice to change things up every once in a while. Recipe here.
20. Winter Squash Carbonara with Pancetta and Sage
21. Roasted Sunchoke Soup with Caramelized Shallots
If you’re getting a little bit tired of winter squash soup, this sunchoke version is nice little twist. Recipe here.
22. Slow-Cooker Sour Cream Cheesecake
Further proof that everybody needs a slow cooker. Recipe here.
23. Grown-Up Tater Tots
Not really all that similar to the tater tots of your cafeteria dreams. Better, actually. Recipe here.
24. Shaved Brussels Sprout, Lentil, Bacon and Pear Salad
25. Grapefruit Old Fashioned
Unique enough to feel special, simple enough to be your go-to cocktail this month. Recipe here.
27. Chocolate Whiskey Bundt Cake with Whiskey Caramel Sauce