Shana began collaging in the summer of 2009. She would go to the Truro Swap Shop, locally known as the dump, and get all the free magazines and books she wanted. For the next six months she accumulated thousands of images, which she painstakingly organized by category.
Her first celebrity collage work began during that summer. “We didn’t have internet or television in the shack, so I would buy a tabloid magazine each week to keep up with the outside world. The first celebrities I worked with were Miley Cyrus, during her Hannah Montana phase, and Justin Bieber.”
Kanye recently shared his new video, featuring his fiancée, Kim Kardashian, on Ellen. The video has the couple riding on a motorcycle against various nature scenes, including majestic landscapes and picturesque skies. This style emulates the art of collage: assembling different types of imagery and compiling them on top of one another.
5. Let’s see how they compare:
14. Kim is Shana’s favorite celeb to collage.
15. She first featured her in a minizine called World Class, in March 2012:
25. Shana has also featured other popular celebrities in her collages:
- Kids in California schools can no longer be opted out of vaccination on religious or personal grounds under a new law.
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who has faced political fallout from the "Bridgegate" scandal, is running for president. He's the 14th Republican in the race.
- Misty Copeland has become the first black female principal dancer in American Ballet Theater's 75-year history.