Shana began collaging in the summer of 2009. She would go to the Truro Swap Shop, locally known as the dump, and get all the free magazines and books she wanted. For the next six months she accumulated thousands of images, which she painstakingly organized by category.
Her first celebrity collage work began during that summer. “We didn’t have internet or television in the shack, so I would buy a tabloid magazine each week to keep up with the outside world. The first celebrities I worked with were Miley Cyrus, during her Hannah Montana phase, and Justin Bieber.”
Kanye recently shared his new video, featuring his fiancée, Kim Kardashian, on Ellen. The video has the couple riding on a motorcycle against various nature scenes, including majestic landscapes and picturesque skies. This style emulates the art of collage: assembling different types of imagery and compiling them on top of one another.
5. Let’s see how they compare:
14. Kim is Shana’s favorite celeb to collage.
15. She first featured her in a minizine called World Class, in March 2012:
25. Shana has also featured other popular celebrities in her collages:
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter has crashed in Colorado. Three people were injured, according to reports.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?