Shana began collaging in the summer of 2009. She would go to the Truro Swap Shop, locally known as the dump, and get all the free magazines and books she wanted. For the next six months she accumulated thousands of images, which she painstakingly organized by category.
Her first celebrity collage work began during that summer. “We didn’t have internet or television in the shack, so I would buy a tabloid magazine each week to keep up with the outside world. The first celebrities I worked with were Miley Cyrus, during her Hannah Montana phase, and Justin Bieber.”
Kanye recently shared his new video, featuring his fiancée, Kim Kardashian, on Ellen. The video has the couple riding on a motorcycle against various nature scenes, including majestic landscapes and picturesque skies. This style emulates the art of collage: assembling different types of imagery and compiling them on top of one another.
5. Let’s see how they compare:
14. Kim is Shana’s favorite celeb to collage.
15. She first featured her in a minizine called World Class, in March 2012:
16. More collages featuring Kim:
25. Shana has also featured other popular celebrities in her collages:
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›