1. This is Vincent Van Gogh’s Starry Night.
We needed something recognizable to make out of Peeps. Everyone knows Starry Night, right?
2. GMA sent us hella Peeps.
In, like, every color.
3. We figured out our color palette.
Printing out the picture to color match, and drawing a grid, were the keys to starting this process.
4. We needed a big board and something to pin the Peeps.
5. T-pins were perfect!
Ideal for securing the Peeps to the board.
6. Our supply list was short.
30×42” cardboard board
7. Ready… Set… Go!
We prepped our board with blue masking tape so the background matched our color scheme. After making a quick free-handed sketch, we starting filling it in with Peeps.
8. In all, we used 516 peeps.
9. It came out pretty close to the original.
But is maybe not ideal to hang on your wall. It is, after all, made of Peeps.
- The Temple of Bel, an important ancient structure in the ISIS-held Syrian city of Palmyra, has been destroyed, the United Nations says. ›
- A white supremacist has been found guilty of capital murder in the shooting deaths of three people at two Jewish facilities in Kansas last year. ›
- The U.S. Supreme Court says a Kentucky county must issue marriage licenses while its clerk appeals a ruling in a lawsuit from three same-sex couples against her "no marriage licenses" policy. ›