1. This is Vincent Van Gogh’s Starry Night.
We needed something recognizable to make out of Peeps. Everyone knows Starry Night, right?
2. GMA sent us hella Peeps.
In, like, every color.
3. We figured out our color palette.
Printing out the picture to color match, and drawing a grid, were the keys to starting this process.
4. We needed a big board and something to pin the Peeps.
5. T-pins were perfect!
Ideal for securing the Peeps to the board.
6. Our supply list was short.
30×42” cardboard board
7. Ready… Set… Go!
We prepped our board with blue masking tape so the background matched our color scheme. After making a quick free-handed sketch, we starting filling it in with Peeps.
8. In all, we used 516 peeps.
9. It came out pretty close to the original.
But is maybe not ideal to hang on your wall. It is, after all, made of Peeps.
- Three scientists who developed treatments against parasites have won the 2015 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine. ›
- Doctors Without Borders says it will leave the Afghan city of Kunduz after airstrikes killed 22 people at its hospital there on Saturday. ›
- At least three people have died in South Carolina due to severe rainfall. More than 11 inches of rain fell on the city in 48 hours. ›