It was a tremendous honor to meet with Rev. Billy Graham and his son Franklin Graham today pic.twitter.com/8VCK7hky
Mitt Romney met today with Rev. Billy Graham, the famed Southern Baptist evangelical preacher, and his son, Franklin Graham, at a stop at Montreat, N.C., in a meeting that the Romney campaign reports ended with a prayer and promise to help from Rev. Billy Graham.
Romney hours later tweeted a picture from the meeting and called it “a tremendous honor to meet with Rev. Billy Graham and his son Franklin Graham.”
Mark DeMoss, Romney’s longtime liaison to evangelical Christians, who sat in on the meeting, told the pool reporter that the topics discussed were religious freedom, religious persecution and the growth of the Graham’s ministry in China, Sudan and North Korea.
Graham led a prayer for the Romneys and said “I’ll do all I can to help you. And you can quote me on that,” DeMoss said.
NBC’s Garrett Haake shared with the pool reporter that Romney said to Rev. Billy Graham in a photo spray following the meeting, “Prayer is the most helpful thing you can do for me. And what you’re planning, what your son has shown has shown me is going to be very very helpful. And I appreciate that. It’s going to be terrific.”
Here’s the tweet:
Please validate your account to contribute content.
Preview Your Response
- powerrecliners thinks Romney Visits With Rev. Billy Graham,... is Fail
- Praveen Jayakumar thinks Romney Visits With Rev. Billy Graham,... is Fail
- Bcfosters thinks Romney Visits With Rev. Billy Graham,... is Fail
- Paul K. Tunis Romney Visits With Rev. Billy Graham,... and thinks it’s Ew
- astridf Romney Visits With Rev. Billy Graham,...