1. The two couples challenging Proposition 8
WASHINGTON — Jeff Zarrillo, Paul Katami, Sandy Stier and Kris Perry, were ready to go at the Supreme Court a little more than an hour before the justices will hear their case challenging California’s Proposition 8.
The backers of the American Foundation for Equal Rights, which brought the lawsuit in 2009, were first in line Tuesday at the court. Director and actor Rob Reiner was first in line, along with his wife, Michelle. Among the other AFER backers at the front of the line are AFER executive director Adam Umhoefer, Bruce Cohen, Cleve Jones, Dustin Lance Black and Ken Mehlman.
The arguments are due to begin at 10 a.m. and last for an hour, with the audio and transcript to be released by 1 p.m.
For more on the cases, read: “What Is Going To Happen At The Supreme Court This Week?”
3. The American Foundation for Equal Rights team
4. The Supreme Court, March 26, 2013.
- Former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore is dropping out of the race for the Republican presidential nomination. He got 133 votes in New Hampshire.
- MLB issued its first-ever lifetime ban for performance enhancing drugs to New York Mets' Jenrry Mejia.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.