WASHINGTON, D.C. — Ellen DeGeneres, with wife Portia de Rossi at her side, received the 15th annual Mark Twain Prize for American Humor at the Kennedy Center on Monday.
What became quickly apparent — captured on video by Metro Weekly — is what fans have long known: Everyone loves Ellen.
Here’s what some of the best in the business had to say:
7. But one guy was a bit confused …
8. Ellen, though, takes it all in stride …
9. Metro Weekly’s video from the Awards:
- President Obama apologized to Doctors Without Borders for the airstrike that killed 22 people at a clinic in Afghanistan. ›
- Syrian troops launched a major ground offensive, backed by Russian airstrikes, against opposition forces. ›
- Tomas Lindahl, Paul Modrich, and Aziz Sancar have won the Nobel Prize in chemistry for figuring out how cells repair DNA. ›