1. The Ferals
Four cracked-out bogan animals living with two Uni students. A rat called Rattus, a feral cat called Modigliana, a rabbit called Mixy, and a feral dog called Derryn.
The most legendary native bush hero of our time who is basically MacGyver.
3. Round The Twist
If you weren’t already a child with a vivid imagination, Round The Twist fixed that. Anyone else hunt for babies in a cabbage patch or exploding talking mushrooms in their backyard? What the eff.
4. Agro’s Cartoon Connection
Australia’s favourite (and wildly inappropriate) hand puppet.
6. Heartbreak High
The home of resident bad boy and teen heartthrob Drazic AKA Callan Mulvey and the show that made the phrase “rack off” famous.
7. Acropolis Now
Who could forget the most beloved family of Aussie Wogs?
8. Full Frontal
Australia’s finest sketch comedy show and the home legends like Milo Kerrigan, Peter AKA “Poida”, and defactos Neville and Beulah.
11. Ocean Girl
The mysterious Neri AKA Ocean Girl who only befriends sea animals. We all thought we could speak “Whale” as a result.
Kids travelling to parallel universes. What more could you want?
The greatest live music show to ever air in Australia. Especially when punk bands like Green Day would come on and tear up the set. Reminisce here.
14. Mr Squiggle - the man from the moon.
Pretty much proof the entire ABC children’s television department were on drugs. Hard drugs.
15. Don’t Forget Your Toothbrush
400 people go into the studio to compete for a holiday they have to take that night. Whatever happened to quality game shows like this?
16. Genie From Down Under
Bruce and Baz have been sent to make Penelope’s flippant wishes come true. Penelope was a bitch.
17. Man O Man
I probably wasn’t meant to watch this as a kid, but the best part was when the bitches got to push the dud dudes into the pool.
Let’s face it, the challengers were never gonna beat Taipan. He was scary as shit.
- The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan called the hospital bombing that killed 22 people "a mistake." ›
- Takaaki Kajita and Arthur McDonald won the Nobel Prize in physics for their discovery that neutrinos have mass. ›
- In a Vanity Fair interview, Rihanna said Rachel Dolezal, who identifies as black even as her parents insist she was born white, "was a bit of a hero." ›