1. Cleaning out my room, my mom came across this important document from my past:
(Wonder if the P.O. box is still active.)
2. And inside, the first and only fan letter I ever wrote:
Also: a pretty strong indicator that I would one day work at BuzzFeed. Britney! And cat stationery!
3. In case you can’t read my 10-year-old self’s handwriting, here it is (spelling and grammar mistakes intact):
I would just like to say you are one of a kind. With your music and dancing, it really makes you stand out (in a good way of course). Your a great romodel (sorry if I spelled that wrong) for young girls today because you are a normal teen just with a not-so-common job. You keep in touch with your family, which is great. And today you see extremely skiny girl singers that make some girls want to look that way, but when you come on your skinny but not like you starved yourself, like you worked hard at it. Good luck in the future!
4. Wahoo! I’m finally sending this letter 14 years later! I bet Britney would be proud.
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing aircraft MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72 years old.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".