1. Well, there was a lady named Mary who was engaged to a man named Joseph. They were hanging out in Nazareth, in love and doing their thing.
2. One day, the angel Gabriel visited Mary to tell her she was pregnant with God’s son and his name would be Jesus. Mary was shocked.
3. Joseph was understandably confused because he did not put that baby in there.
4. But another angel came to him in a dream to let him know that Mary was telling the truth.
5. At first Joseph was like “WHAT?” but the angel convinced him.
6. Despite being very pregnant, Joseph and Mary set to Bethlehem to register for the government-ordered census.
8. Finally, they found a stable* and tucked themselves in for the night.
*Bucket represents the stable.
10. An angel appeared to some shepherds to announce the good news. They couldn’t believe it and set on their way to meet this child.
11. When they got there they were so excited that this adorable baby was also the Messiah, that they set out to spread the word.
12. Three magi then joined, bearing gifts for the infant.
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›