1. Tardar Sauce was born on April 4, 2012 to a loving family living a normal life.
2. Her namesake is, in fact, the sauce.
**Her owner named her since her coat matches the color of the sauce.
3. Little did this teeny Grump know she would soon be propelled into the world of fame and fortune.
4. EVERYTHING CHANGED on September 22, 2012, when this photo was posted on Reddit.
5. Accusations came in that her dear face was photoshopped! The horror!
6. Tardar was annoyed and, in un-grumpy fashion, decided to do something.
7. She posted a video to Youtube just to let everyone know how little she gave a shit.
8. Pokey, her more conventionally handsome brother, assumed he would be the star.
9. But her video unwittingly rocketed her to Stardom where she would forever be known as…
11. Soon her face was everywhere, representing the grumps of the world.
12. Some became obsessed, permanently memorializing her on their bodies.
13. Agents clamored after her but only one got through: Ben Lashes*
Agent to the famed “Keyboard Cat”
14. Demands for television appearances came pouring in.
16. She started getting sick of being recognized in the supermarket.
17. Seeking some normalcy, she took a job here at Buzzfeed.
18. She soon rose to the top of the ranks.
19. However, she started to feel the constraints of a desk job.
20. And the never-ending desire of her coworkers to make her smile was taxing.
21. No one puts Grumpy in a smile-corner.
22. She decided to realize her true calling: Stardom.
23. No hard feelings though, we still named her the Most Important Cat of 2012
24. Fresh in the job market, she quickly signed a deal with Frisky’s to do their Youtube Talk Show.
25. They even flew her to appear at SXSW.
27. She was the biggest star of SXSW but obviously didn’t care.
28. And then…she won MEME OF THE YEAR at the Webby Awards.
29. One might assume this kind of fame would change her…
30. But in April, she made sure to share her birthday with her family.
32. Her and her brother remain close, despite past jealousy issues.
34. She’s become the face of some good causes….
35. But what will happen to her now that she’s not just a star but a MOVIE star?
38. Only time will tell how she’ll handle the increasing pressures of a life in the limelight.
39. We have high hopes for her future though…
- An explosion that killed 12 people in Tunisia's capital is being labeled a terrorist attack. The country's president has declared a state of emergency. ›
- At least 19 people in seven U.S. states have been infected with E. coli in an outbreak officials believe is linked to rotisserie chicken salads sold at Costco. ›
- Adele broke the single-week U.S. album sales record set by NSYNC in 2000. "25" sold at least 2.43 million in about three days. ›