1. On his Bay Area commute home via inflatable boat, Adam Cohen came across a group of windsurfers that seemed like they needed help. Little did he know that the windsurfers had actually come across a disoriented and waterlogged dog.
2. Adam took the dog, who had a collar but no tags, home, and plans to take him to the Berkeley-East Bay Humane Society to check for a chip or if someone has reported him missing.
3. If they can’t find an owner, Adam said, “My wife says we should keep her.”
4. One thing’s for sure — we are so happy he was found by the right people at the right time!
Thanks Summer for finding this wonderful story!
- Joyce Mitchell, the prison worker who was accused of helping inmates Richard Matt and David Sweat escape from a New York prison, pleaded guilty and faces up to seven years in prison.
- Several people have been wounded after a shooting near Barcelona's famed La Rambla street, according to Spanish media.
- President Obama addressed the 54-member African Union, a first for a sitting U.S. president. The speech marks the end of his historic five-day trip to East Africa.