1. Get your rest.
2. Eat your greens, dummy!
3. And hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!!
4. Plan your outfit the night before.
5. Last year, my brother did not and look at the mess he came up with:
6. The Key: Dress Simple, Dress Sharp
7. Prepare a disguise for when you need to hide from your opponents.
8. Sunglasses are helpful should your Easter be sunny and hinder your sight.
9. Prepare as much as possible. Do your research on the course.
10. Confidence is key.
11. A pep talk can help self-empower.
12. Singing any Beyonce song will help pump you up. Me, I like “Run the World” but it doesn’t need to be specific
13. Say a little prayer, to get your head in the game.
14. Be sure to travel there in style, first impressions can impact your enemies.
15. On the course, it’s important to think outside the box.
16. Some faces can be helpful in distracting your enemies while you snatch the eggs.
17. But be sure not to get distracted yourself
18. Remember: hold your friends close and your enemies closer. Except on the Easter Egg hunt, all friends are enemies.
19. You must always be on alert for impostors
20. ALWAYS stretch. You never know when you’ll have to run after that last egg.
21. A good hiding place is also a must.
22. Be prepared to hide at any moment. Stay still. Stay Calm.
23. Before you take an egg, make sure no one’s watching.
24. Follow these tips and preparations and you too could be King of the Hunt!
(unless you’re playing against me. I always win)
- At least three people – including a police officer – died in a shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. The suspect is in police custody. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›