2. Granted, this was when sailors didn’t see them up close.
3. And now that we’ve seen them, we call them “Sea Cows”??
5. Now they only ask one thing: to reclaim their original name.
7. After all, these majestic creatures fit the mermaid profile perfectly…
8. They’re caring.
14. Unlike the mermaids of folklore, they’re actually quite modest.
19. They’re supportive.
21. So next time you say, “Mermaids aren’t real,” think of the feelings you’re hurting.
In The News Today
- An assailant shot two people at Texas Southern University. One person has died, and a suspect has been detained. ›
- A judge halted all eight scheduled executions in Arkansas. Inmates are challenging a law allowing the state to keep the source of its execution drugs a secret. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›