2. One of these places is probably your Mecca (or at least your second home)…
There are plenty of other improv theatres around the country (like the PIT in NYC), but these four theatres/schools are the powerhouses.
3. …and you will readily spout off many facts about the history and philosophies of the different training centers…
4. …even though your friends look like this when you do.
6. Sending Facebook invites to your improv shows could cost you friendships at this point.
7. “PINEAPPLE!” is a suggestion you’ve heard maybe a million times.
9. Shows and practices should start at least 15 minutes later than what they’re scheduled as because literally everyone will be late.
10. When you’re laughing about something with all your improv friends and your one non-improviser buddy is like…
11. This is TJ Jagodowski and Dave Pasquesi, but you already knew that.
12. When people say “You do improv? Tell me a joke!” or “Put this in one of your improvs!” this becomes your face forever.
16. Here are some ridiculous improv team names that are probably at least as bad as yours:
- InDIE Pak Chopra
- Mother Shuckers
- The Pun-ishers
- Christopher Walk-On
- The Gigglyboo’s
17. You continue to blatantly force dialogue in your scenes to call out which familial relationship you’re in, even though you’d never actually do that in real life to your real family.
19. You recognize your friends and teachers in commercials or other acting gigs.
20. Looking like this is a normal day of practice and should not be questioned.
21. You’ve indulged in some, well, interesting pop culture trends in order to make correct references during shows.
23. Performing in a mostly empty bar/restaurant is just as sad as it sounds.
But still, getting to perform at all is thrilling.
24. You know these rules for improv are also rules for life.
So, even though improv might’ve made you a crazier person…
- Greece will decide on Sunday whether they will accept austerity measures as a condition of a bailout that may stave off an imminent financial and economic crisis.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️