1. Once home to secret chemical gas factories in World War II, “Rabbit Island” is now a haven for hundreds of friendly bunnies.
2. Some stories assert that the bunnies were released from the factories when they closed…
3. Others say that schoolchildren came to the island to release them.
4. Whatever the reason, it’s proof that even sad pasts can turn into happy futures!
In The News Today
- Doctors Without Borders is demanding a war crimes investigation into the U.S. bombing of its Afghan hospital. ›
- Syrian troops launched a major ground offensive, backed by Russian airstrikes, against opposition forces. ›
- Tomas Lindahl, Paul Modrich, and Aziz Sancar have won the Nobel Prize in chemistry for figuring out how cells repair DNA. ›