3. “But…we learned in school that he was a great guy? My whole life as an American has been a lie.”
4. “We can’t believe we celebrate a monster and NOBODY TOLD US.”
5. “I always thought something was weird about saying he ‘discovered’ land that humans were already inhabiting.”
7. “He brutally murdered people and then paraded their parts in the streets? You get mad when I show off a bird I caught.”
9. “NO. NO MORE PARADES, EVEN WITH BALLOONS OF MY LIKENESS.”
12. “She said she liked Christopher Columbus so I’m showing her a PG version of what he did.”
16. “But some sailors are good right? I’ve been practicing my whole life.”
Here Are The Top Stories
- Dylann Roof has been formally charged with nine counts of murder for the Charleston church shooting last month.
- Britain marks 10 years since 52 people were killed in terrorist attacks in London.
- Harry Shearer, the voice of Mr. Burns on "The Simpsons," will rejoin the show. In May, he said he was leaving.