3. “But…we learned in school that he was a great guy? My whole life as an American has been a lie.”
4. “We can’t believe we celebrate a monster and NOBODY TOLD US.”
5. “I always thought something was weird about saying he ‘discovered’ land that humans were already inhabiting.”
7. “He brutally murdered people and then paraded their parts in the streets? You get mad when I show off a bird I caught.”
9. “NO. NO MORE PARADES, EVEN WITH BALLOONS OF MY LIKENESS.”
12. “She said she liked Christopher Columbus so I’m showing her a PG version of what he did.”
16. “But some sailors are good right? I’ve been practicing my whole life.”
Here Are The Top Stories
- President Obama unveiled a climate change plan on Monday that calls for federal limits on the amount of carbon power plants can produce.
- Puerto Rico has failed to make a $58 million debt payment, and credit rating agency Moody's says the U.S. territory is in default.
- The death penalty should still be considered for Colorado theater shooter James Holmes, a jury decided.