1. “Before we get into it, I’ll say it: I do look adorable in this tiny sombrero!”
2. “But for today, I’m going to take off my sombrero and celebrate in a more tasteful way.”
3. “I’m not saying I’m going to be a respectable adult but I am saying I will be respectful.”
6. “It’s possible to get our drink on and enjoy delicious Mexican food without wearing sombreros or other Mexican stereotypes today, I promise!!”
9. “Let’s celebrate some anti-colonialism without perpetuating stereotypes!”
11. “Basically, I just want to drink and celebrate Mexico today.”
13. “Look, I love hats! But not this one, not today.”
If you want to check out a more comprehensive “how-to” guide for tonight, check it out here!