2. “Pennies don’t fall from heaven, they have to be earned here on earth.”
3. “Socialists cry “Power to the people,” and raise the clenched fist as they say it. We all know what they really mean — power over people, power to the State.”
4. “I usually make up my mind about a man in ten seconds, and I very rarely change it.”
5. “I came to office with one deliberate intent: to change Britain from a dependent to a self-reliant society — from a give-it-to-me, to a do-it-yourself nation. A get-up-and-go, instead of a sit-back-and-wait-for-it Britain.”
6. “Any woman who understands the problems of running a home will be nearer to understanding the problems of running a country.”
7. “Live within your means; put by a nest egg for a rainy day; pay your bills on time; support the police.”
8. “I’ve got a woman’s ability to stick to a job and get on with it when everyone else walks off and leaves it.”
9. “It is not the creation of wealth that is wrong, but the love of money for its own sake.”
11. “If you just set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything at any time, and you would achieve nothing.”
12. “Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren’t.”
13. “To wear your heart on your sleeve isn’t a very good plan; you should wear it inside, where it functions best.”
Heart on sleeve, so vulnerable.
14. “I love argument, I love debate. I don’t expect anyone just to sit there and agree with me, that’s not their job.”
15. “I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end.”
Animals Editor, Beastmaster 3: Eye of Braxus Chelsea.Marshall@buzzfeed.com
Here Are The Top Stories
- President Obama will unveil a plan that is considered to be "the strongest action ever taken" in the U.S. to combat climate change.
- California Gov. Jerry Brown called for a state of emergency as wildfires burned thousands of acres by Sunday and forced hundreds of evacuations.
- Citigroup's student loan practices are being investigated as part of a government probe, the company reported in a filing.