1. The Axolotl is also referred to as the “Mexican Walking Fish”.
2. They are only found in Mexico City Lakes, Xochimilco and Chalco.
Sadly, Chalco was drained to prevent flooding This and the increasing population of Mexico City is causing the next sad fact.
3. These guys are so cute but face extinction.
4. This little guy can regenerate cells, meaning it can replace it’s arms or even it’s HEART if it needs to!
5. They can even borrow parts from other cutie Axolotls if they need them.
Talk about teamwork!