1. Here’s a map of the United States early this morning around midnight. The little white dots are tweets that include the word “snow.”
Rather calm, no?
2. And here’s what happened over the course of the morning and afternoon as a massive snow and ice storm pummeled the east coast.
3. Let’s check out the Mid-Atlantic corridor in the dead of night. Not so bad.
Charlie Warzel is a senior writer for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York. Warzel reports on and writes about the intersection of tech and culture.
Contact Charlie Warzel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here Are The Top Stories
- The World Health Organization says that an interim analysis of a potential Ebola vaccine shows "100% efficacy in individuals."
- Airplane debris discovered Wednesday on the coast of the French island of Réunion is found to belong to a Boeing 777, a Malaysian official confirmed to AFP Friday.
- Beijing has won its bid to host the 2022 Winter Olympics. It's the first city to host both the summer and winter games.