This afternoon Elon Musk unveiled his open source plans for the Hyperloop, a high speed transit system he once described as “cross between a rail gun, the Concord, and an air hockey table.” The prospect of Musk’s latest moonshot idea — which would shuttle people between San Francisco and Los Angeles in less than 30 minutes — has a lot of people pretty excited, but chances are we won’t see it for quite some time. I mean, have you been on public transportation lately?
Here’s just a few things you might be able to expect before you’re packed in Elon Musk’s low pressure/magnetic tube launcher and rocketed toward a distant metropolis:
5. Dr. Dre will finally stop hawking headphones and release his much anticipated final studio album, Detox
6. You will have a weekly hangout with Richard Branson and Elon Musk to discuss high speed intercontinental travel
8. The first successfully cloned human president will send a picture of his cloned junk to another clone.
10. The Jewish Messiah will arrive, buy everyone a round, and leave during a lull in the conversation without anybody seeing.
11. Our planet will turn against us. Oceans will boil. Mountains will turn to dust.
12. Basically, this.
13. Sorry, guys. You can read all about the plans here, though.
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Thai police arrested a man alleged to have explosives in his possession, almost two weeks after a deadly bomb blast in Bangkok killed 20 people. ›
- Kyle Jean-Baptiste, the first black man to play Jean Valjean on Broadway in "Les Misérables," died Friday. He was 21. ›