And, I mean, why not, right?! Social media is a great way to #jointheconversation and #amplify your #brand message. It’s a fun way to reach a new #audience and #connect.
But #TakingThePlunge on social media can be scary, even for agencies that manage a sprawling #GlobalSurveillanceInfrastructure! So here are a few tips for the CIA to increase engagement via social media. Below are some suggested images and tweets that are sure to get people #talking.
Welcome aboard, guys! And remember: HAVE #FUN!
1. Be sure to share images to increase Twitter engagement (up to 150%!!!)
“@CIA: Wanna get away?! Try one of our Polish black site locations!!”
2. Share relevant links! According to Buffer, Tweets that include links are 86% more likely to be retweeted!
“@CIA: Nothing to see here! http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/06/03/time-to-reopen-the-case-on-cia-torture.html”
3. Have #fun with pop culture. Get a little silly!
“@CIA: Rendition: it’s not just a Jake Gyllenhaal film!”
4. When it comes to #brands, transparency is key.
“@CIA: Don’t look up (lol!)”
5. Social media experts say, “Your tweets have a 12x higher chance of being retweeted if you ask for it.”
“@CIA: RT if you think Snowden is traitor. Fav if patriot!”
- Migrant deaths in the Mediterranean have exceeded 2,000, making 2015 the deadliest year for people trying to reach Europe, according to the International Organization for Migration.
- At least 24 homes have been lost and one firefighter killed as dozens of wildfires continue to ravage drought-stricken California.
- Three major U.S. airlines — Delta, American, and United — have banned the transport of big game trophies after the illegal killing of Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe.