And, I mean, why not, right?! Social media is a great way to #jointheconversation and #amplify your #brand message. It’s a fun way to reach a new #audience and #connect.
But #TakingThePlunge on social media can be scary, even for agencies that manage a sprawling #GlobalSurveillanceInfrastructure! So here are a few tips for the CIA to increase engagement via social media. Below are some suggested images and tweets that are sure to get people #talking.
Welcome aboard, guys! And remember: HAVE #FUN!
2. Share relevant links! According to Buffer, Tweets that include links are 86% more likely to be retweeted!
“@CIA: Nothing to see here! http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/06/03/time-to-reopen-the-case-on-cia-torture.html”
4. When it comes to #brands, transparency is key.
“@CIA: Don’t look up (lol!)”
5. Social media experts say, “Your tweets have a 12x higher chance of being retweeted if you ask for it.”
“@CIA: RT if you think Snowden is traitor. Fav if patriot!”
- President Obama asked Congress for $1.8 billion to fight the spread of the Zika virus across the Americas.
- Former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg has told the Financial Times he's eyeing a 2016 presidential run 🇺🇸
- India's telecom authorities have ruled against Free Basics, Facebook's controversial plan to offer free but limited internet.