1. His Band Wrote “California,” The Theme Song To “The O.C.”
He was one of the founders of Phantom Planet, and only got to audition for the part of Max Fisher in Wes Anderson’s “Rushmore” after meeting one of the film’s producers at a party his cousin (Sofia Coppola) had brought him to.
2. He Played Vincent Van Gogh In The Beastie Boys’ Short Film, “Fight For Your Right (Revisited)”
And this time he’s alongside some of the greats, like Seth Rogen, Will Ferrell, Elijah Wood, Danny McBride, Adam Scott, Susan Sarandon, and Stanley Tucci.
3. His Style Is Flawless
In fact, GQ named him one of the 10 most stylish men in America.
4. He Shot A Tour Of The “Marie Antoinette” Set In The Style Of MTV’s “Cribs”
As Louis XIV, of course.
5. Sometimes, He Designs Glasses And Sunglasses
After LookMatic approached him and asked if he’d be interested in designing eyewear, it’s not hard to understand why he jumped at the opportunity. His creation is called the “Uncle Leonard,” and it was inspired by a very real Uncle Leonard.
6. He Hosted The “Top Chef” Spoof, “Cast Iron Cook,” On “Sesame Street”
Are you in?
7. His Mustache Is A Work Of Art
Make no mistake: that part that’s going on in the middle there is no accident.
8. He Filmed A Commercial For The “New Yorker” iPad App
Can commercials be framed?
9. He Has More Fun Than You
He’s about the only person who can make learning about the weather an enjoyable experience.
10. Everyone’s Obsessed With Him
“Good God, he’s just the best.” - Bill Murray and essentially everyone.