1. Internet has a much bigger place in your heart than in your supervisor’s.
2. You don’t want anyone telling you that you can’t do something.
(especially your supervisor)
3. You make fun daily of academia’s seriousness.
(even when your supervisor doesn’t find you funny at all)
4. You get weird reactions when you tell people in academia that you play videogames.
5. You can’t imagine how people wrote their thesis without a computer before.
6. When you walk in a meeting where your supervisor has already settled to “break you” and be intentionally harsh, you see right through his/her strategy and just wait until it’s over.
(although the sensitive ones will cry anyways)
7. You’ve been dealing with procrastination on the internet since your teenage years: you can basically write your entire thesis with Gmail and Facebook tabs open. (right?)
8. You wear blazers ironically only, but no one knows that.
(and perhaps to appear older too)