1. Chanel Nail Colour for Spring 2014
Ah, everyone take a collective deep breath in celebration of some new Chanel nail polish. The favorite formula will add (from left to right) “Ballerina,” “Charivari,” and “Tapage.”
Pictured right: Charivari looking gorgeous with Chanel’s velvet matte top coat.
Get them here in January.
2. Elizabeth and James Nirvana
Now you can snag the Olsen twins’ new fragrance under their fashion line Elizabeth and James. Although both perfumes can work together, the Nirvana White has floral notes while Nirvana Black has a more musky, woody scent.
These will be available exclusively at Sephora in January.
3. Revlon Nail Art Shiny Matte
With a matte base coat and a shiny top coat, the new addition to Revlon’s Nail Art collection will give you two finishes at the same time.
Available in drugstores and on Revlon.com January 2014.
4. Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eye Shadow Collection
After you calm down from the Naked 3, get this super cute and AWESOME eye palette from Too Faced. The pigments look great, and how about that surprise pink??
Available in Sephora this month.
5. Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream Intense Hydration
Kiehl’s updates its facial cream with a new formula for drier skin.
You might be able to snag it now on Kiehls.com and in stores February 2014.
6. Flower Lip Suede Velvet Lip Chubby
These self-sharpening velvet formulas come in delicate colors that aren’t too bright, but definitely aren’t dull.
Available exclusively at Walmart and Walmart.com in January.
7. Alterna CAVIAR Clinical: Exfoliation Scalp Facial
Make sure your scalp is getting taken care of next year with this product that combats those annoying dry flakes.
Available February 2014 on AlternaHairCare.com.
8. Urban Decay Nail Color in Blackheart and Zodiac
Each year, Urban Decay comes out with new additions to its nail collection — this year, it introduces the mystical Blackheart and Zodiac.
Available at most beauty stores and on UrbanDecay.com.
9. Rita Ora for Rimmel London
Rita Ora’s lips are some of the most coveted, so it’s hard not to be excited about her new line with Rimmel London, which includes crayon lip colors and nail polishes.
Check it out in February 2014.
10. Vidal Sassoon Pro Series ColorFinity Collection
If you’re loyal to your Vidal Sassoon salon, but wish you had more of its hair color products at home, you’ll have access to them next year. For color care you can find at the drugstore, the products are pretty awesome.
Available January 2014.
11. Paul & Joe Secret Garden Collection
Flowers, cats, and beauty come together to make some of the prettiest packaging to look forward to in 2014.
Available Jan. 1 at ASOS.
12. NARS Matte Multiple
The Multiple shades are NARS’ multipurpose makeup sticks that can be used all over the face. For the brand’s Spring 2014 collection, they’ll come in a matte finish.
Look out for NARS’ launch details here.
13. Vichy LiftActiv Serum 10 Eyes & Lashes
The newest formula in restoring your eyes’ youth.
Available online and in local drugstores.
14. First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Collection
If your skin is on the fritz, First Aid Beauty will come to your rescue with this detoxifying and refreshing kit, which includes blemish pads, a face mask, and cleanser.
15. Aveda’s Dry Remedy Daily Moisturizing Oil
The oil-for-moisture trend will not be going away anytime soon. This moisture-rich treatment contains Buriti oil, a natural oil from Brazil.
Find it here in January 2014.
Hair tools are getting smarter. The Neuro collection uses a new SmartSense technology that regulates heat to optimize your style.
The line will be available at Paul Mitchell salons in January.
17. Olay Fresh Effects Dew Over! Hydrating Gel Moisturizer
The refreshing texture of this gel moisturizer awakens your skin after a tiring night out…or in.
Available nationwide in January 2014.
18. MAC’s Maleficent Collection
19. Philosophy Miracle Worker Foundation
So, you’re already obsessed with the Miracle Worker line and now you can swoon over the foundation, which comes in seven shades.
You can get it from ULTA.com now, and everywhere else early next year.
20. Peter Thomas Roth Camu Camu Brightening Sleeping Mask
This vitamin C-packed mask can refresh dry skin and remedy yesterday’s questionable toxins.
21. Benefit POREfessional Agent Zero Shine
While Benefit already has The POREfessional, their new product will eliminate shine, while maintaining a smooth look.
22. Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin CC Curl + Care Mascara
The first of its kind, this mascara claims to last for 24 hours AND condition your lashes. Whoa.
Available now online and everywhere else January 2014.
23. Revlon Parfumerie
Scented polish could be the next trend for nails. This 24-shade collection comes in different-smelling groups including Freshes, Sweets & Spices, and Fruits & Florals.
Check them out this month in drugstores and Revlon.com.
24. MAC’s Heroine Lipstick
IT’S. BACK. The famous bold purple, which was once a part of the limited edition Reel Sexy collection, will make a comeback for all of our aching hearts.
Available in stores and online in January, and in international stores in March 2014.
25. Yves Saint Laurent Flower Crush Collection
These colors scream springtime with their lush, soft hues. Two exciting products are the Pivoine Crush eye palette and the new peachy and rosy shades for lips.
Available in January at Nordstrom.
26. Clarins Opalescence Teint Powder and Blush
This is the only compact you should be whipping out at parties and the like.
- Migrant deaths in the Mediterranean have exceeded 2,000, making 2015 the deadliest year for people trying to reach Europe, according to the International Organization for Migration.
- Three major U.S. airlines — Delta, American, and United — have banned the transport of big game trophies after the illegal killing of Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe.
- On August 4th, 2011, the death of Mark Duggan — an unarmed black man — at the hands of police officers in north London sparked nationwide riots.