1. When you think “salad” you think of something containing actual vegetables
Let us forget about lettuce
2. Ron Swanson understands
Because Ron Swanson is awesome
3. You eat bread with everything.
And when there isn’t bread available, the whole meal feels incomplete somehow.
4. Same goes for tea.
You have it before, during and after every meal. Right when you wake up and right before going to bed. And then a couple other times throughout the day.
5. In fact, you will go to great lengths to make sure you can have some tea
Boiled water is boiled water
6. However, sometimes you also crave some Kvas
Especially on really hot days
7. You love lace curtains
Or at least grew up with them around the house
8. You have (or at some point lived in a house with) rugs on the walls
Decoration and insulation!
9. You would rather take the stairs than the elevator
Except at night. Going up/down an empty stairwell in the dark? I think I’ll take my chances with the elevator.
10. You’ve learnt all your bargaining skills from old grandmas on the streets and at bazaar
Now how about that raise?
11. You’ve spent your childhood exploring abandoned buildings and structures
Because they were pretty much all over the place
12. You’ve been playing cards since before you can remember
You always have a deck not too far away and you think that the Russian versions of BS, War, Go Fish, etc are wayyy better than any other ones.
13. You’ve learnt the hard way to stay as far away as possible from this plant
“The hard way” especially if you had loving siblings.
14. Drying clothes in the dryer? Hahahah haha ha…
You’re lucky if you didn’t have to do the washing by hand
15. Flowers for your teacher on the first day of school is a must
Because they will have to deal with you and your friends for the rest of the year.
16. You’ve had to deal with little kids you don’t know soak you with water from head to toe on Den’ Ivana Kupala. Though to be fair, you always got them back.
You’re older and you’ve had more years of experience.
This counts, right?
18. But actually, you totally recycle!
Or rather your mom/grandma reuses old plastic bags like it’s her job
19. You’re also not above “recycling” tea bags.
I’m sure I’m gonna want a second cup of tea when I’m done with this one.
20. You’ve gone mushroom picking and then made some questionable looking soup out of them.
At least you know you’d survive if you were stranded in the woods
21. Speaking of questionable foods, goat milk anyone?
22. But the cakes, candy, ice cream, pastries, etc.?
24. And especially your grandma’s cooking!
Who’s only goal in life is to make sure you are nice and plump
25. You’ve spent countless hours toiling on your Dacha
“Being one with nature” in a whole different light
26. But the rewards are WELL worth it!
The most delicious fruits/vegetables ever. And a lot of them.
27. Someone in your family is a pro at making all kinds of jam and pickling just about anything
Eh, just pour a ton of sugar in there and it should be fine!
28. Which results in your fridge always being full of various jars
Jars, vodka, and leftovers. That’s pretty much it.
29. And if your fridge isn’t big enough for all those jars, the overflow goes in your Pogreb
- Illinois' attorney general has asked the U.S. Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division to investigate Chicago's police department. ›
- It's World AIDS Day — 35 million people have died from AIDS-related conditions, and more than 34 million people are living with the disease. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he'll give away 99% of his Facebook shares (worth $45 billion today) over the course of his life. ›