1. 1. Celine Dion, “My Heart Will Go On”
Best sang when: you get into an argument about how Jack and Rose could have shared the raft - midway through the song.
2. 2. Bon Jovi, “It’s My Life”
Best sang when: you’re drunk enough to jump on the table, but you’re sober enough to not throw any chairs (or bottles).
3. 3. Beyonce, “If I Were A Boy”
Best sang when: you’ve been dancing like Beyonce all night.
4. 4. Whitney Houston, “I Will Always Love You”
Best sang when: you’re blackout enough to think you can sing this song.
5. 5. Aerosmith, “I Don’t Wanna Miss a Thing”
Best sang when: your friends are drunk enough to sing back up and sway back and forth in a group hug.
6. 6. Christina Aguilera, “Beautiful”
Best sang when: you need to be away from your phone so you can’t send one more embarrassing drunk text.
7. 7. Jackson 5, “Who’s Loving You”
Best sang when: you think it’s appropriate to prep the song with a whole speech on how amazing Michael Jackson was.
8. 8. Paula Cole, “I Don’t Want To Wait”
Best sang when: your only memory of singing the song will be a picture on your friend’s Instagram. #DawsonsCreek4Life
9. 9. Alanis Morissette, “Ironic”
Best sang when: you’re spilling your drink on everyone and everything.
10. 10. John Travolta and Olivia Newton John, “Summer Nights”
Best sang when: you have a partner just as enthusiastic as you are.
11. 11. Divinyls, “I Touch Myself”
Best sang when: your friends think your crude dance moves are funny, not creepy.
12. 12. Neil Diamond, “Sweet Caroline”
Best sang when: you’re only three drinks in and feeling good.
13. 13. 4 Non Blondes, “What’s Up”
Best sang when: you’re not singing but shouting the chorus.
14. 14. Sir Mix-A-Lot, “Baby Got Back”
Best sang when: you’re so drunk you get through the whole song without hysterically laughing.
15. 15. Gloria Gaynor, “I Will Survive”
Best sang when: you just broke up with someone and those long island iced teas just aren’t cutting it.
16. 16. Louis Armstrong, “What a Wonderful World”
Best sang when: it’s been a great night.
17. 17. Snoop Dogg, “Gin and Juice”
Best sang when: your rapping turns into grunts and mumbles.
18. 18. Eurythmics, “Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)”
Best sang when: you forget to close your bar tab but you remember every line of this song.
19. 19. Alicia Keys, “If I Ain’t Got You”
Best sang when: you’re not even coming close to carrying these notes, but you don’t care.
20. 20. Richie Valens, “La Bamba”
Best sang when: someone made fun of you for not speaking another language, so you decide to sing the easiest Spanish song ever.