1. Olesya Zhukovska is a volunteer medic working in Independent Square in Kiev. She was thought to have been shot and killed yesterday during the city’s deadliest day of unrest yet.
2. She was reportedly shot in the neck, and was photographed bleeding and grasping her neck.
3. Reports continued to circulate of Zhukovskaya’s death after she tweeted that she was dying. Many assumed that although she lived after sending her tweet, she later bled out.
4. However, much to everyone’s joy, she tweeted today to clarify that she is alive!
Cate Sevilla is the UK managing editor for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
Contact Cate Sevilla at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Here Are The Top Stories
- The family of Sandra Bland, who died in a Texas jail cell in July three days after she was detained during a traffic stop, filed a wrongful death lawsuit in federal court.
- Migrant deaths in the Mediterranean have exceeded 2,000, making 2015 the deadliest year for people trying to reach Europe, according to the International Organization for Migration.
- At least 24 homes have been lost and one firefighter killed as dozens of wildfires continue to ravage drought-stricken California.