1. Lady Gaga has had her septum pierced for a while.
Here she is about 10 months ago.
2. And in a recent promo shot for “This Is How We Do”, Katy Perry debuted a (fake) septum piercing.
3. But then, over the weekend, Perry got her nose pierced for real.
She wrote: “Last time I did this I was on my own with a safety pin & cube of ice @ 13. This time I thought it was best I left it to the pro’s. Sorry mom (again)”
4. And Lady Gaga posted an Instagram video of her having a “re-pierce” and going “up a gauge”.
5. And obviously, their fanbases have lots of opinions about what this all means (and who posted their video first).
10. It’s safe to say that Lady Gaga’s look has been a bit more, er, punk/goth over the last month.
14. And Perry’s look has been very ’90s punk since around April this year.
Hello, leather. Hello, choker.
19. But, it turns out not everyone loves the green hair (or mechanical horses) so much.
22. And a mechanical horse.
23. This is the mechanical horse Perry rides during the “Dark Horse” segment of her Prismatic show.
24. Perry made what some are viewing as a dig at Gaga in her latest interview with Rolling Stone.
26. But hopefully, this is all just COINCIDENCE and Katy Perry and Lady Gaga will one day be united in their punk/gothiness.
Because LOOK AT THEM. What a beautiful friendship they could have, all full of skeletons and hair dye and cheap chokers and nose piercings and ’90s t-shirts.