1. Sunday night saw the finale of Sherlock Season 3, “His Last Vow.”
2. Needless to say, Twitter was not emotionally prepared.
4. Everyone knew this episode was going to be, well, intense.
7. In “His Last Vow” we are finally introduced to the big Series 3 baddie, Charles Augustus Magnussen.
8. Who quite reminded Twitter of a certain someone.
9. A certain someone wearing Google Glass, to be precise.
12. And after meeting Drunk Sherlock in the last episode, in “His Final Vow,” we get to meet High Sherlock.
15. Neither is Molly.
16. And Twitter quite fancies the (disheveled) High Sherlock.
19. Yet the attraction swiftly turned into rage and confusion at Sherlock’s relationship with Mary’s bridesmaid, Janine.
22. But some (correctly) had their suspicions about their relationship.
29. But some people were all like, “Yeah, totes saw that coming.”
33. And we’re once again given a fascinating look inside Sherlock’s Mind Palace, where we see an old friend.
34. And the whole process made people a bit…emotional.
37. Which raised a very important question.
38. Along with confusion.
39. And self-doubt.
40. Inside the Mind Palace we also get to meet Steven Moffat’s son Louis, who plays a young Sherlock.
42. And throughout the whole WTF MARY ordeal, we got to learn quite a lot about Martha Louise Hudson.
43. Such as the fact that her pressure point is marijuana, and she used to be an exotic dancer.
44. But mostly everyone was stuck in a vortex of emotions and confusion.
45. But then, it appeared everything might be OK.
47. And Mycroft was being NICE!
49. BUT OF COURSE, everyone was soon back to being confused/shocked/WTF.
52. And people weren’t entirely impressed with Magnussen.
53. Or his vaults.
55. And then there was the face flicking.
56. BUT THEN Sherlock said this.
57. And did this.
62. And just when everyone thought they were 100% dead from all of the shooting, THIS HAPPENED.
63. And Twitter was beyond itself.
66. And we realized that death means precisely NOTHING in Sherlock.
69. And once again, Sherlock fans have been left with a massive, confusing cliff-hanger that’s broken them emotionally.
70. There are a lot of questions.
71. And some plot holes.
73. But, in perhaps the biggest twist of all, it would appear that for the time being, Moffat is forgiven.
Cate Sevilla is the UK managing editor for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
Ailbhe Malone is the UK lifestyle editor for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Amazon, Walmart, and other retailers were hit with more than $300,000 in fines for selling toy guns that look like real guns.
- President Obama will unveil a plan that is considered to be "the strongest action ever taken" in the U.S. to combat climate change.
- California Gov. Jerry Brown called for a state of emergency as wildfires burned thousands of acres by Sunday and forced hundreds of evacuations.