Cat Causes Power Cut In Scotland

A pet caused an entire village in Aberdeen to lose electricity after getting stuck on an electricity pole.

Coco the cat accidentally got stuck up a 10-metre electricity pole in St Cyrus, Scotland, for almost 24 hours. Her rescue ended up causing a two hour power cut.

Coco’s owners, Moira and Bob Moir, contacted Scottish Hydro Electric Power Distribution (SHEPD) about their cat’s situation, and SHEPD sent out two engineers to help rescue her. They established the only way to save Coco would be to turn off the pole’s power supply and use a cherry picker to bring her down.

Mark Macdonald from SHEPD said in addition to saving Coco, by cutting the power they also prevented further damage to the network, adding:

“Everyone in the depot is delighted that Coco has made a full recovery, although I heard she was a bit crabby after being stuck up the pole for almost a day.”

The Moirs have said they are very grateful the engineers were able to help rescue Coco and have said hope that she “won’t be climbing any more poles.”

Check out more articles on BuzzFeed.com!

Facebook Conversations
          
    Now Buzzing