1. Government officials have told the Associated Press that 15 people have died in a stampede at a soccer stadium in Congo on Sunday.
The stampede occurred during a playoff match between two popular teams, V. Club and TP Mazembe. Governor Andre Kimbuta said at least 21 other people were injured during the scuffle following the stampede.
3. It’s been reported the police fired tear gas after angry fans apparently threw objects onto the field towards the end of the match.
Fights have broken out at previous matches between the two teams, and back in April, 20 people were at a stadium in Southwest Congo when a stampede occurred after the generators failed and caused a blackout.
- A Kentucky clerk is defying the Supreme Court by refusing to issue marriage licenses. Her policy comes from her religious opposition to same-sex marriage. ›
- Los Angeles has officially been selected as the American candidate city to host the 2024 Summer Olympics. ›
- McDonald's all-day breakfast is happening: It's coming to the U.S. on Oct. 6. The company started testing it this year 🍳 ›