This is Louise Brealey.
But you probably know her as Molly from Sherlock.
Louise is basically one of the coolest women on the planet, and she is also the Dream Best Mate you never even knew you wanted. But trust me, after reading this, you will be so in love with Louise you will become the Molly to her Sherlock.
Behold the 28 reasons why we should all worship Louise Brealey!
1. She made Steven Moffat break his own rules.
Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss’ first rule when writing Sherlock was to never introduce a regular character that wasn’t in the Doyle books – but Louise was so brilliant as Molly they changed their minds. Louise, 1; Moffat, 0.
2. She tweets photos of things like baby flying foxes wrapped in blankets.
3. As well as behind-the-scenes Sherlock gems like this – but only when Twitter is on its best behaviour.
4. In addition to being an actor, she’s also a journalist and editor.
Oh, and copywriter.
5. And her journalistic highlights are basically more exciting than anything else you’ve ever done.
Interviews with Drew Barrymore, Helena Bonham Carter and Liv Tyler?!
6. Oh, and she’s also a playwright!
She wrote The Legend of Pope Joan, you know, in her spare time.
7. She has the best birthdays.
8. She understands the undeniable power that is Una Stubbs (aka Mrs Hudson).
9. She’s a feminist!
10. And a fan of feminist rocks.
11. She’s not afraid to says things like this in interviews.
“I think Page 3, Nuts and Zoo are bullshit. I don’t wax my pubic hair off. I don’t think working in a titty bar getting fivers shoved up your bum is empowering. And I’m bored of pictures of women in their smalls on buses with fuck-me mouths.”
12. And she loves J-Law. Obvs.
13. She can also preach.
14. She is more than happy to discuss the many times she’s touched Benedict Cumberbatch.
15. For example, when she got to slap Benedict right across his beautiful face.
So much slapping.
16. She’s also revealed in an interview that she did “touch his armpit hair once.”
Admit it, you’d go there.
18. She can refer to Martin Freeman as just “Martin” without sounding like a wanker.
19. But she sometimes “does a Molly” in real life when talking to other celebrities.
20. She wants you to call her “Loo” for short, not “Lou”.
21. She knows how to have a good time.
23. Plus, she’s always wanted to live in a treehouse. A TREEHOUSE.
24. She’s basically a Sherlock fangirl.
25. She’s also a Whovian.
26. So she knows good telly when she sees it.
27. She’s into campanology – yup, ringing bells. BELLS, GUYS.
“For a couple of years, I was very excited about church. I joined up for the bell-ringing… It’s quite exciting because you could be whipped up to the ceiling and have your neck broken.”
28. SHE IS MOLLY HOOPER FROM SHERLOCK.
SHE IS MOLLY.
How could anyone else possible compete with that?
Answer: YOU CAN’T. Which is why being her best mate would be the next best thing to actually being her.
- The U.S. and Cuba have agreed to open embassies in Washington and Havana as they restore diplomatic ties after more than 50 years.
- Greece has become the first developed country to miss a debt payment to the International Monetary Fund.
- Misty Copeland has become the first black female principal dancer in American Ballet Theater's 75-year history.